Tuesday 5 November 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 5, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jon-Erik Hexum and Gianni Poli.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley.
In UK That'll Be The Day by The Crickets was in the top 5 hits.
The One That Got Away, directed by Roy Ward Baker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Letter From Peking by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Real McCoys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 November 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1957!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1957 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Jon-Erik Hexum: American actor, a handsome man and well-built, he fit the "beefcake" image well.
- Gianni Poli: Italian field and track star, winner of the marathon in New York 11/02/1986.
- David Moyse: Adelaide, South Australia -- Rock vocalist (Air Supply).
- Tony Abbott: Politician.
- Mike Score: English singer-songwriter and keyboard player (A Flock of Seagulls).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?