Tuesday 5 November 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Moyse and Jon-Erik Hexum in Tenafly.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Pursuit of the Graf Spee, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while On The Beach by Nevil Shute was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Benny Hill Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1957!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1957 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- David Moyse: Adelaide, South Australia -- Rock vocalist (Air Supply).
- Jon-Erik Hexum in Tenafly: New Jersey, USA; actor (Voyager, Cover-up).
- Jon-Erik Hexum: American actor, a handsome man and well-built, he fit the "beefcake" image well.
- Gianni Poli: Italian field and track star, winner of the marathon in New York 11/02/1986.
- Mike Score: English singer-songwriter and keyboard player (A Flock of Seagulls).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?