Saturday October 05, 1957
US date format: 10/5/1957, UK date format: 5/10/1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 5, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bernie Mac and Lee Thompson.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Jailhouse Rock, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Life At Happy Knoll by John P. Marquand was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching 26 Men.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in those months ?
Which were the important events of October 05, 1957?
- 11th NHL All-Star Game: All-Stars beat Montreal 5-3 at Montreal
- Yugoslav dissident Milovan Djilos sentenced to 7 years
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1957?
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Tony Bennett - In The Middle Of An Island
- Johnny Mathis - Chances Are
Top #10 songs in the USA
Sport Games on October 05, 1957
- Chicago Bears - Baltimore Colts : 10 - 21
- Cleveland Browns - Pittsburgh Steelers : 23 - 12
- New York Giants - Philadelphia Eagles : 24 - 20 See all American Football game results of October 05, 1957
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV series released in those months ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?