Saturday October 05, 1957
US date format: 10/5/1957, UK date format: 5/10/1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 5, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Macmillan (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Bernie Mac and Lee Thompson.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Jailhouse Rock, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Age Of Steam by Lucius Beebe and Charles Clegg was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching 26 Men.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 05, 1957?
- 11th NHL All-Star Game: All-Stars beat Montreal 5-3 at Montreal
- Yugoslav dissident Milovan Djilos sentenced to 7 years
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 05, 1957?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Tony Bennett - In The Middle Of An Island
- Johnny Mathis - Chances Are
Sport Games on October 05, 1957
- Chicago Bears - Baltimore Colts : 10 - 21
- Cleveland Browns - Pittsburgh Steelers : 23 - 12
- New York Giants - Philadelphia Eagles : 24 - 20
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next October 05If October 05, 1957 is your birthday you're 62 years, 10 months, 9 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 1 month, 21 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free