Friday 8 November 1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 8, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Barry Cowger and Tim Shaw.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley.
In UK That'll Be The Day by The Crickets was in the top 5 hits.
The One That Got Away, directed by Roy Ward Baker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Age Of Revolution by Winston S. Churchill was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Real McCoys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 November 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 November 1957!
Which were the important events of 8 November 1957 ?
- Barry Cowger: American astrologer with a masters in counseling in the Psychology dept.
- Tim Shaw: American swimmer and water polo player, he has won Olympic medals in both sports.
- Alan Curbishley: English footballer and manager.
- Christopher Knight: Actor.
- Hardi Volmer: Estonian singer and director (Singer Vinger).
- Porl Thompson: English guitarist and songwriter (The Cure Easy Cure Malice and Shelleyan Orphan).
- Robert Deveza: Algerian-American homosexual who had AIDS diagnosed 3/09/1992; died 4/10/1993.
- Great Britain performs atmospheric nuclear test at Christmas Island
- Operation Grapple X, Round C1: Britain conducts its first successful hydrogen bomb test over Kiritimati in the Pacific.
- Film ''Jailhouse Rock'' opens across the U.S. to reach #3, and Elvis Presley continues to gain more notoriety.
- Gordon Gould invents the laser.
- Flooding in the Po River valley of Italy leads to flooding also in Venice.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?