Saturday 16 November 1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frank Milton "Pete" Higgins II and Emmanuel Le Bret.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley.
In UK That'll Be The Day by The Crickets was in the top 5 hits.
Zero Hour!, directed by Hall Bartlett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Benny Hill Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1957!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1957 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Frank Milton "Pete" Higgins II: VP (Microsoft Desktop).
- Emmanuel Le Bret: French astrologer, author of the book "Uranus et l'éveil spirituel.
- Jacques Gamblin: French actor.
- Cora Witherspoon: Actress (Quality Street, Bank Dick), dies at 67.
- Copper & Brass closes at Martin Beck Theater NYC after 36 performances
- Celtic Bill Russell sets NBA record of 49 rebounds beat Philadelphia 111-89
- Ed Gein butchers last victim
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?