Tuesday 12 November 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gail Castro and Marta Figueras-Dotti.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley.
In UK That'll Be The Day by The Crickets was in the top 5 hits.
Zero Hour!, directed by Hall Bartlett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Not By Bread Alone by Vladimir Dudintsev was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Benny Hill Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 November 1957!
Which were the important events of 12 November 1957 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Lieven (Leafwini, Lebuin); Josaphat Kuncevyc
- Also see November 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day, Bah�'u'll�h
- National Holiday: Sun Yat-Sen (observed in China and Taiwan)
- In the Back To The Future film trilogy, November 12, 1955 is a key date. It is the date of the "famous Hill Valley lightning storm" which sends Marty McFly back to 1985 in his DeLorean time machine, and the date Marty gets his parents together. In Back to the Future Part II, Marty and Doc Brown return to this date to stop Biff Tannen from changing history. Doc Brown hyposthesizes that this date might hold some special significance, being the temporal junction point for the entire space-time
- Gail Castro: Glendale, California -- WPVA volleyballer (US Open-1991, Olympics - 1996).
- Marta Figueras-Dotti: Madrid, Spain -- LPGA golfer (1994 Hawaiian Open).
- Cécilia Attias: Second wife of French president Nicolas Sarkozy, until October 2007.
- Paul Reid: American murderer (d. 2013).
- Tim Samaras: American engineer and storm chaser (d. 2013).
- Fritz Schulz: German law Historian (Classical Roman Law), dies at 78.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?