Friday 29 November 1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 29, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Philippe Toussaint and Janet Napolitano.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley.
In UK That'll Be The Day by The Crickets was in the top 5 hits.
Peyton Place, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Parkinson'S Law by C. Northcote Parkinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Real McCoys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 November 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1957!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1957 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Jean-Philippe Toussaint
- Jennifer Batten: American guitarist songwriter and producer.
- Janet Napolitano: American lawyer academic and politician 3rd United States Secretary of Homeland Security.
- Matthew Rubel: CEO of Collective Brands Licensing.
- Mario Salieri: Italian director producer and screenwriter.
- Erich Wolfgang Korngold: Austria / US Composer (Kathrin), dies at 60.
- New York Mayor Robert Wagner forms a committee to replace Dodgers and Giants
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?