Monday 6 April 1914
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Battle of the Sexes, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Fortunate Youth by William J. Locke was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1914!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1914 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 April
- The American Radio Relay League (ARRL) is begun in Hartford, CT by Hiram Maxim and Clarence Tuska.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1914 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Broadway Medley - Pietro Deiro
- Rebecca of Sunny-brook Farm - Henry Burr & Helen Clark
- Sweethearts - Victor Herbert & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?