Saturday 4 April 1914
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Beith and Gustave Camus.
The Destruction of Carthage, directed by Luigi Maggi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while T. Tembarom by Frances Hodgson Burnett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 April 1914!
Which were the important events of 4 April 1914 ?
- Blessed Alice (d. 1105)
- Saint Hildebert of Ghent (died 752)
- Lesotho - Heroes' Day
- Taiwan and Hong Kong - Children's Day
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- World Rat Day
- Saint Isidore of Seville, patron saint of the internauts
- International Day for Landmine Awareness and Assistance
- John Beith: British diplomat.
- Gustave Camus: Belgian painter.
- Marguerite Duras: South Vietnamese-French author of over 70 books plus plays and cinema adaptations.
- Colin Stokes: American industrial executive.
- Richard Coogan: American actor (d. 2014).
- Perils of Pauline shown for 1st time in LA
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1914 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Broadway Medley - Pietro Deiro
- Rebecca of Sunny-brook Farm - Henry Burr & Helen Clark
- Sweethearts - Victor Herbert & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?