Wednesday 22 April 1914
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hans Baumann and Charles Hubert Sisson.
Caught in the Rain, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 April 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 April 1914!
Which were the important events of 22 April 1914 ?
- Saints Soter and Caius
- Saint Leonidas (died 202)
- Brazil - Discovery Day.
- Saint Theodorus (d. 613)
- Charles Hubert Sisson: Author / poet (Christopher Homm).
- Hans Baumann: writer.
- Jan Hartog: Dutch playwright, novelist and occasional social critic who moved to the United States in the early 1960s and became a Quaker.
- Michael Wittmann: German WWII tank commander (Born 1914).
- Baldev Chopra: Indian director and producer (d. 2008).
- Jan de Hartog: Dutch-American author and playwright (d. 2002).
- José Gonzales: Peruvian soldier and pilot (d. 1941).
- Mexico ends diplomatic relations with US
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Cross the Great Divide (I'll Wait for You) - Haydn Quartet
- The Ragtime Dream - American Quartet