Saturday 25 April 1914
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 25, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Mauriac and Ross Lockridge.
Caught in the Rain, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 April 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 1914!
Which were the important events of 25 April 1914 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
- Claude Mauriac: French author and journalist, eldest son of the author François Mauriac.
- Ross Lockridge: American author of "Raintree County," published in 1948 after seven years of writing.
- Marcos Perez Jimenez: President / Dictator Venezuela.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Cross the Great Divide (I'll Wait for You) - Haydn Quartet
- The Ragtime Dream - American Quartet