Sunday 26 April 1914
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jess Stearn and Horace Leonard Gold.
Neptune's Daughter, directed by Herbert Brenon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Eyes of the World by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 April 1914!
Which were the important events of 26 April 1914 ?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- Feast day of the following saint in the Orthodox Church: Stephen of Perm - also Old Permic Alphabet Day
- Trudpert (Irish monk martyred in Germany in 607).
- Lucidius (4th century)
- Saint Cletus (Pope Anacletus) and Marcellinus (Popes and martyrs)
- Paschasius (d. 865)
- Richarius or Riquier (d. 643)
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Alda (d. 1309)
- Jess Stearn: American writer, a widely read newspaperman for nearly 25 years.
- Horace Leonard Gold: Sci-Fi writer / editor.
- James William Rouse: US builder (shopping malls / Columbia, Maryland).
- Bernard Malamud Brooklyn New York: novelist (Fixer, The Natural Pulitizer 1967).
- Wilfred Howard: Mellers composer.
- Charlie Chester: English radio and television host (d. 1997).
- Bernard Malamud: US writer (Fixer, Natural), dies at age 71.
- James Rouse: American real estate developer founded The Rouse Company (d. 1996).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Cross the Great Divide (I'll Wait for You) - Haydn Quartet
- The Ragtime Dream - American Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?