Friday 6 April 1923
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 6, 1923). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edd Miller and Nguyen Van Thieu.
Souls for Sale, directed by Rupert Hughes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 April 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1923!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1923 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Edd Miller: American musician, a performer in piano bars for most of his lifetime in a number of West Coast cities.
- Nguyen Van Thieu: Statesman.
- Ernest Mandel: Author.
- Than Tun: Burmese historian (d. 2005).
- The first Prefects Board in Southeast Asia is formed in Victoria Institution, Malaysia.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- You Tell Her - I Stutter - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
- Haunting Blues - Jan Garber & His Orchestra
- Parade of the Wooden Soldiers - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Ivy, Cling to Me - Isham Jones & His Orchestra