Monday 6 April 1925
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Knox and Arthur D.
The Wizard of Oz, directed by Larry Semon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while The Little French Girl by Anne Douglas Sedgwick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1925!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1925 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- John Knox: British Supreme Court Justice.
- Arthur D: Larsen; tennis champion (US Open-1950).
- Marcus Worsley: Lord-Lieutenant of North Yorkshire.
- 1st film shown on an airplane (British Air)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Oh! Lady be Good - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Everybody Loves My Baby (But My Baby Don't Love Nobody But Me) - Clarence Williams' Blue Five
- Old Dan Tucker - Fiddlin' John Carson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?