Monday 6 April 1925
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Knox and Arthur D.
The Wizard of Oz, directed by Larry Semon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1925!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1925 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- John Knox: British Supreme Court Justice.
- Arthur D: Larsen; tennis champion (US Open-1950).
- Marcus Worsley: Lord-Lieutenant of North Yorkshire.
- 1st film shown on an airplane (British Air)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 April 1925
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Oh! Lady be Good - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Old Dan Tucker - Fiddlin' John Carson
- Everybody Loves My Baby (But My Baby Don't Love Nobody But Me) - Clarence Williams' Blue Five
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?