Wednesday 6 August 1930US date format: 8/6/1930, UK date format: 6/8/1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 6, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Neil Armstrong and Sergio Fantoni.
Animal Crackers, directed by Victor Heerman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 August 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1930 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Neil Armstrong: Astronaut.
- Sergio Fantoni: Italian actor, the son of actor Cesare Fantoni (1905–1963).
- Abbey Lincoln: Chicago, Illinois -- Actress / singer (Nothing But a Man).
- Supreme Court Justice John Force Crater disappears in New York City
- Judge Joseph Force Crater steps into a taxi in New York and disappears to be never seen again.
- Richard Bennett becomes Canada's eleventh prime minister.
- Thomas Shipp and Abram Smith are lynched in Marion, Indiana. James Cameron survives. This would be the last lynching of African Americans in a northern U.S. state.