Wednesday 6 August 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sergio Fantoni and Abbey Lincoln.
For the Defense, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Cimarron by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1930 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Sergio Fantoni: Italian actor, the son of actor Cesare Fantoni (1905–1963).
- Abbey Lincoln: Chicago, Illinois -- Actress / singer (Nothing But a Man).
- Supreme Court Justice John Force Crater disappears in New York City
- Judge Joseph Force Crater steps into a taxi in New York and disappears to be never seen again.
- Richard Bennett becomes Canada's eleventh prime minister.
- Thomas Shipp and Abram Smith are lynched in Marion, Indiana. James Cameron survives. This would be the last lynching of African Americans in a northern U.S. state.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?