Thursday 6 August 1953
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Janet Newberry and Pat MacDonald.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Cruel Sea, directed by Charles Frend, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Bridges At Toko-Ri by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Quatermass Experiment.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1953!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 August 1953 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Janet Newberry: Los Angeles sports Champions.
- Pat MacDonald: Rocker (Timbuk 3).
- Iqbal Qasim: Pakistani cricketer.
- Ted Williams returns to Red Sox from the military
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1953 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?