Monday 6 August 2007US date format: 8/6/2007, UK date format: 6/8/2007
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 6, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston.
In UK The Way I Are by Timbaland featuring Doe & Keri Hilson was in the top 5 hits.
Elite Squad, directed by José Padilha, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Legacy Of Ashes by Tim Weiner was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Marimar.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bazooka Cafe or Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WWII.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 August 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 2007!
Which were the important events of 6 August 2007 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 August
- Zsolt Daczi: Hungarian guitarist (Omen, Bikini) (d. 2007).
- American Home Mortgage files for bankruptcy.
- The Crandall Canyon Mine in Emery County, Utah collapses, trapping six miners.
- Turkish President Ahmet Necdet Sezer gave a mandate to Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan to form his second cabinet following a landslide victory for the Justice and Development Party (AKP) in the general elections. (Turkish Daily News)
- Mexico and Brazil sign an agreement on developing technology for oil and natural gas exploration and exploitation involving co-operation between Pemex and Petrobras. (AP via IHT)
- The Lebanese government claim that the police have killed Abu Hureira, the second in command of Fatah al-Islam. (AP via Forbes)
- Trinidad Chief Magistrate Sherman McNicolls orders the extradition of three men to the United States to face charges of involvement in a terrorist attack on John F. Kennedy Airport. (New York Times)
- United States District Court judge Ronald Whyte strikes down a California law aiming to prohibit minors from buying or renting violent videogames on First Amendment grounds. (IGN)
- An Arizona judge rules that that a United States Border Patrol agent Nicholas Corbett must stand trial for murder for shooting dead a Mexican immigrant. (Reuters)
- The United States Food and Drug Administration approves Pfizer's AIDS drug Selzentry. (Reuters via National Post)
- 50 feared dead when a boat carrying 130 passengers overturned in the midstream of River Ganges in Bihar, India.
- Five members of the Iraqiya coalition led by former Prime Minister of Iraq Ayad Allawi suspend their participation in the current Cabinet led by Nouri al-Maliki. (BBC)
- NASA reports that three galaxies the size of the Milky Way are colliding with another galaxy three times the size of the Milky Way in cluster CL0958+4702. The eventual galaxy could be up to ten times the size of the Milky Way. (BBC)
- A second case of foot and mouth disease is reported in Surrey, England resulting in the culling of more cattle. (AFP via ABC News Australia)
- Six miners are trapped in a coal mine 15 miles west of Huntington, Utah. A 3.9 to 4.5 (Reuters)
- Former Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina files petitions challenging government move to try her in connection with an extortion case.
- North Korea and South Korea exchange gun fire over the border, the first such incident in a year. (CNN)
- A truck bomb in Tal Afar in northern Iraq kills at least 25 people and destroys 10 homes. (Reuters)
- Sir Michael Somare's National Alliance Party forms a coalition with six partners which will be the next government of Papua New Guinea. (Radio New Zealand)
- Flooding in Lagos, Nigeria, leads to thousands of people being forced from their homes and six people going missing. (Reuters via Press TV)
- Japan marks the 62nd anniversary of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima. (Reuters via Washington Post)
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in August 2007?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- When I See U - Fantasia
- Make Me Better - Fabolous Featuring Ne-Yo
- Ne-Yo - Do You
- teachme - Musiq Soulchild
- Same Girl - R. Kelly Duet With Usher
- Shawty - Plies Featuring T-Pain
- Let It Go - Keyshia Cole Featuring Missy Elliott & Lil Kim
- Please Don't Go - Tank
- Bartender - T-Pain Featuring Akon
- Big Things Poppin' (Do It) - T.I.
Top #10 Latin songs
- Dimelo - Enrique Iglesias
- Olvidame Tu - Duelo
- Aventura - Mi Corazoncito
- De Ti Exclusivo - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Basta Ya - Conjunto Primavera
- No Te Veo - Casa De Leones
- Por Amarte Asi - Alacranes Musical
- A Ti Si Puedo Decirte - El Chapo de Sinaloa
- Te Voy A Perder - Alejandro Fernandez
- Gloria Estefan - No Llores
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
When the I-35W bridge collapsed last week in Minneapolis, staff members at nearby Internet Broadcasting revived a nearly defunct Web site to publish their coverage. [..]
Accusations that three journalists from NBC and PBS were on a health insurance industry speaking list turn out to have stemmed from an error at a speaking agency. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $37.10
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $115.30
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $76.58
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $47.56
- 1 CAD = 1.1317 CHF
- 1 AUD = 1.0225 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9031 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.4198 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?