Sunday 6 December 2009
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Empire State Of Mind by Jay-Z.
The Lovely Bones, directed by Peter Jackson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Scarpetta Factor by Patricia Cornwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching NSFW Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bomberman Touch 2: Volcano Party or Bomberman Ultra.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 2009!
Which were the important events of 6 December 2009 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 December
- Flamengo wins its sixth Brazilian national football title, following a 2-1 win over Grêmio in the last round of 2009 Campeonato Brasileiro Série A. (Globo)
- Restrictions on internet access and foreign media are put in place ahead of the Student's Day in Iran, as former President Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani urges ampquotfreedomampquot in the country. (AP)
- There are violent riots and protests in Athens between police and protesters as the city commemorates the first anniversary of the fatal shooting of 15-year-old Alexandros Grigoropoulos by a police officer. (''The Guardian'')
- The opposition Democratic Progressive Party in Taiwan makes large gains in local elections against the Kuomintang. (''Daily Telegraph'')
- Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom firmly warns newspaper editors in a letter to cease publication of personal pictures of the British Royal Family after years of being ampquothoundedampquot by paparazzi. (ABC News)
- An HIV-positive man is accused of attempting to intentionally infect his wife with the virus, the first case of its kind in New Zealand. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Voters in Bolivia go to the polls for a general election with exit polls indicating that the President of Bolivia Evo Morales has won. (AFP)
- Romanians take part in the 2nd round of a presidential election. (AP)
- Legislative elections take place in Comoros. (AFP)
- Archaeologists discover evidence of mass cannibalism in Europe during the Neolithic period at a 7,000 year old burial site in Germany. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 6 December 2009
Serie AItalian Football
- Bologna - Udinese : 2 - 1
- Fiorentina - Atalanta : 2 - 0
- Genoa - Parma : 2 - 2
- Livorno - Chievo : 0 - 2
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Cercle Brugge - Anderlecht : 1 - 3
- Lokeren - Club Brugge : 0 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- FC Koln - Werder Bremen : 0 - 0
- Schalke 04 - Hertha : 2 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Ahlen - Karlsruhe : 1 - 3
- Oberhausen - Munich 1860 : 0 - 1
- Paderborn - Duisburg : 1 - 3
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?