Sunday 1 June 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 1, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Park (swimmer) and William Sloane Coffin.
The Sea Hawk, directed by Frank Lloyd, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 June 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1924!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1924 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Tom Park (swimmer)
- Paula Hinton: Dancer.
- William Sloane Coffin: American clergyman (d. 2006).
- Tom Park: British champion swimmer.
- William Coffin: American minister and activist (d. 2006).
- John Tooley: English director and manager.
- Harry Grindell Matthews returns from Paris to London he tries to use a ''Pathé'' film to demonstrate that his death ray works.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Steppin' Out - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- The One I Love Belongs to Somebody Else - Sophie Tucker