Saturday 6 March 1926
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 6, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andrzej Wajda and Alan Greenspan.
The Black Pirate, directed by Albert Parker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 March 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1926!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1926 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Andrzej Wajda: Suwalki, Poland -- Director (Ashes & Diamonds, Lotna).
- Alan Greenspan: American financier, the Chairman of the Federal Reserve System and one of the most influential economists of the 20th century.
- Ann Curtis (swimmer)
- Ann Curtis: American competition swimmer and two-time Olympic champion.
- Jon Nordal: Composer.
- Ray O'Connor: Australian politician 22nd Premier of Western Australia (d. 2013).
- Giovanni Pettinati: Italy sport Champion.
- Miroslav Klega: Composer.
- Elwood H [Bud] Hillis American politician (Representative-Republican-Indiana: 1971-).
- China asks for a seat in the League of Nations Security council.
- The Shakespeare Memorial Theatre in Stratford-upon-Avon is destroyed by fire.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1926 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Then I'll be Happy - Whispering Jack Smith
- That Certain Party - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
- Gene Austin - I Never Knew
- Henry Burr & Billy Murray - I Wonder Where My Baby is To-night?