Tuesday 23 March 1926
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 23, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Delphi Lawrence and Martha Wright in Seattle.
Wandering Willies, directed by Del Lord, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 March 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1926!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1926 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Delphi Lawrence
- Martha Wright in Seattle: Washington, USA; singer ("Let's Dance", The Martha Wright Show).
- Philippe Castille: French resistance fighter in the Second World War and a member of the Organisation de l'armée secrète (OAS) ["Organisation of the Secret Army"], a short-lived French dissident far-right paramilitary organisation during the Algerian War (1954–62).
- NHL Championship: Montreal Canadiens outscore Pittsburgh Pirates, 6-4 in two games.
- Éamon de Valera organizes Fianna Fáil in Ireland.