Tuesday 23 March 1926
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Martha Wright in Seattle and Philippe Castille.
Waxworks, directed by Leo Birinsky, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Gentlemen Prefer Blondes by Anita Loos was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1926!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1926 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Martha Wright in Seattle: Washington, USA; singer ("Let's Dance", The Martha Wright Show).
- Philippe Castille: French resistance fighter in the Second World War and a member of the Organisation de l'armée secrète (OAS) ["Organisation of the Secret Army"], a short-lived French dissident far-right paramilitary organisation during the Algerian War (1954–62).
- NHL Championship: Montreal Canadiens outscore Pittsburgh Pirates, 6-4 in two games.
- Éamon de Valera organizes Fianna Fáil in Ireland.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- A Little Bungalow - Roger Wolfe Kahn & His Orchestra
- Carolina Stomp - Fletcher Henderson & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?