Wednesday 31 March 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Norman McCanne and Beni Montresor.
For Heaven's Sake, directed by Sam Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Gentlemen Prefer Blondes by Anita Loos was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 March 1926!
Which were the important events of 31 March 1926 ?
- Saint Cornelia
- CTsar Ch�vez Day - official holiday in five states and many cities across the U.S.
- Freedom Day in Malta.
- Saint Amos
- Saint Benjamin
- Blessed Hendrik Werner
- Saint Balbina of Rome
- New Jersey - Thomas Mundy Peterson Day.
- Norman McCanne: British citizen who first came to Australia in November 1964 searching for his stepson, who had moved there.
- Beni Montresor: Italian artist, opera and film director, set designer, author and children's book illustrator.
- Sydney Chaplin: son of Charlie Chaplin; actor (Adding Machine, Psycho Sisters).
- John Fowles: English author and educator (d. 2005).
- Rocco Petrone: American colonel and engineer (d. 2006).
- German Special Court of Justice for state security disbands.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1926 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Five Foot Two, Eyes Of Blue - Gene Austin
- Sleepy Time Gal - Gene Austin
- John McCormack - Just a Cottage Small
- A Cup of Coffee, A Sandwich, and You - Gertrude Lawrence & Jack Buchanan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?