Tuesday 6 March 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Florence Romand and Steve Vizard.
In UK It's Almost Tomorrow by The Dreamweavers was in the top 5 hits.
The Searchers, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jane Eyre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1956!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1956 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Florence Romand: French homicide victim; murdered in her sleep on the night of 1/08/1993 around 9.10 PM, her skull crushed with a rolling-pin.
- Steve Vizard: Australian television and radio presenter, lawyer, comedian, producer, author and screenwriter.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 March 1956
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?