Thursday 11 March 1926
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Adrienne Keith Cohen and Ilhan Mimaroglu.
Waxworks, directed by Leo Birinsky, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Gentlemen Prefer Blondes by Anita Loos was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 March 1926!
Which were the important events of 11 March 1926 ?
- Zambia - Youth Day.
- Saint Rosina
- Saint Alberta
- Saint Vindician
- Blessed Auria
- Lesotho - Moshoeshoe Day.
- Lithuania - Reestablishment of Lithuania's Independence.
- United States - Johnny Appleseed Day, 311 Day
- Blessed John Righi
- Adrienne Keith Cohen: Travel editor.
- Ilhan Mimaroglu: Turkish musician and composer.
- Patricia Tindaole: England, United Kingdom -- Architect.
- Reverend Ralph Abernathy: American civil rights leader (d. 1990).
- Ralph Abernathy: American Civil Rights Activist and founder of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference with Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Pauline Dubuisson: French homicide and suicide. The mistress of a German Colonel at 17, she kept a notebook of his and other lover's performances. She was listed by the Resistance as a Nazi collaborator.
- İlhan Mimaroğlu: Turkish-American pianist and composer (d. 2012)
- Thomas Starzl: American surgeon and academic
- Mikao Usui: Japanese founder of Reiki method of healing.
- Eamon da Valera ends leadership of Sinn Fein.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1926 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Gene Austin - I Never Knew
- Henry Burr & Billy Murray - I Wonder Where My Baby is To-night?
- Then I'll be Happy - Whispering Jack Smith
- Dinah - Cliff Edwards
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?