Tuesday 30 March 1926
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ingvar Kamprad and John Heddle Nash.
For Heaven's Sake, directed by Sam Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while The Private Life of Helen of Troy by John Erskine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 March 1926!
Which were the important events of 30 March 1926 ?
- Saint John Climacus (died 649)
- Easter in 1975, 1986, 1991, and 1997.
- Roman Empire - Festival devoted to Salus.
- Land Day.
- Spiritual Baptist/Shouter Liberation Day - Public holiday in Trinidad and Tobago.
- National Doctors' Day - observed in the USA.
- Saint Quirinus (d. 117)
- Saint Veronus
- Blessed Amadeus IX of Savoy
- Ingvar Kamprad: Swedish businessman founded IKEA.
- John Heddle Nash: Singer.
- Lord Rayner
- Werner Torkanowsky in Berlin: Germany; conductor (New Orleans Symphony).
- Sydney Chaplin: American actor and noted family, the second son of Charles Chaplin and actress Lita Grey.
- Peter Marshall: American actor singer and game show host.
- Ray McAnally: Actor (My Left Foot, Empire State), dies in Dublin at 63.
- Werner Torkanowsky: German-American conductor (d. 1992).
- Larissa Volpert: Russian chess player.
- Feliks E Dzerzjinski: Lithuanian organizer (KGB), dies at age 48.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1926 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Five Foot Two, Eyes Of Blue - Gene Austin
- Sleepy Time Gal - Gene Austin
- John McCormack - Just a Cottage Small
- A Cup of Coffee, A Sandwich, and You - Gertrude Lawrence & Jack Buchanan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?