Saturday April 6, 1974US date format: 4/6/1974, UK date format: 6/4/1974
This day in 30 sec.
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 6, 1974). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carla Peterson and Camilla Dallerup.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Hooked On A Feeling by Blue Swede.
In UK Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks was in the top 5 hits.
Truck Turner, directed by Jonathan Kaplan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tuesday The Rabbi Saw Red by Harry Kemelman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Zoo Gang.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gran Trak 10 or Maze War.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 April 1974
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1974!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1974 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Carla Peterson
- Robert Kovac: Croatian footballer.
- Camilla Dallerup: Danish-English dancer and model.
- Flash Flanagan: American wrestler.
- Érica García: Argentinian-American singer-songwriter and actress.
- 200,000 attend rock concert California Jam
- Firestone World Tournament of Champions won by Earl Anthony 11 / 16
- Yankees 1st home game at Shea Stadium, beat Indians 6-1
- ABBA win the 19th annual Eurovision Song Contest in Brighton with Waterloo.
- April 6
- California Jam is held at the Ontario Motor Speedway in Ontario, California, attracting 250,000 fans.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Blue Swede - Hooked On A Feeling
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- John Denver - Sunshine On My Shoulders
- Terry Jacks - Seasons In The Sun
- Sister Janet Mead - The Lord's Prayer
- Redbone - Come And Get Your Love
- Cher - Dark Lady
- MFSB - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Carly Simon - Mockingbird
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
Top #10 R&B songs
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
- Bobby Womack - Lookin' For A Love
- Bloodstone - Outside Woman
- MFSB Featuring The Three Degrees - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- The Staple Singers - Touch A Hand, Make A Friend
- The Chi-lites - Homely Girl
- Barry White - Honey Please, Can't Ya See
- The Main Ingredient - Just Don't Want To Be Lonely
- The New Birth - It's Been A Long Time
- James Brown - The Payback
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?