Sunday 23 March 1930US date format: 3/23/1930, UK date format: 23/3/1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 23, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frank Swaelen and Pat Robertson.
The Blue Angel, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 March 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1930!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1930 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Frank Swaelen
- Stephen Sondheim: Composer.
- Pat Robertson: Clergyman.
- Derek Bok: Lawyer.
- Ahmed Ramzy: Egyptian actor (d. 2012).
- US Mens Figure Skating championship won by Roger Turner
- US Ladies Figure Skating Championship won by Maribel Vinson.