Tuesday 6 May 1941
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 6, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Weiss and Ghena Dimitrova.
Blood and Sand, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 May 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1941 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Claude Weiss: Swiss engineer, astrologer, author, editor, psychologist, world lecturer and data collector who is the president of Astrodata, a Swiss astrological computer service.
- Ghena Dimitrova: Actress (Nabucco).
- Fred J Eckert American politician (Representative-Democrat-New York: 1985-87).
- Beth Brant: American writer; the daughter of a Scots-Irish American mother and a Mohawk father.
- Joseph Stalin became Premier of Russia
- At California's March Field, Bob Hope performs his first USO show.
- The first flight of the Republic P-47 Thunderbolt.