Tuesday 6 May 1941
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ghena Dimitrova and Fred J Eckert American politician (Representative-Democrat-New York.
Citizen Kane, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1941 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Ghena Dimitrova: Actress (Nabucco).
- Fred J Eckert American politician (Representative-Democrat-New York: 1985-87).
- Beth Brant: American writer; the daughter of a Scots-Irish American mother and a Mohawk father.
- Claude Weiss: Swiss engineer, astrologer, author, editor, psychologist, world lecturer and data collector who is the president of Astrodata, a Swiss astrological computer service.
- Joseph Stalin became Premier of Russia
- At California's March Field, Bob Hope performs his first USO show.
- The first flight of the Republic P-47 Thunderbolt.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 May 1941
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?