Sunday 6 June 1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jose de Jesus Gudino Pelayo and Ken Hatfield.
Spitfire, directed by Leslie Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while Mrs. Parkington by Louis Bromfield was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1943!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1943 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Jose de Jesus Gudino Pelayo: Mexican jurist.
- Ken Hatfield: American football coach.
- André Gouzes: French Dominican friar and musician, who is one of the main authors of contemporary Christian liturgical chants.
- José de Jesús Gudiño Pelayo: Mexican lawyer and jurist (d. 2010).
- Asif Iqbal: Indian-Pakistani cricketer.
- Richard Smalley: American chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2005)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?