Saturday 8 August 1914
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre de Bénouville and Pete King (composer).
Aftermath, directed by Elliot Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 August 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1914!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1914 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Pierre de Bénouville
- Pete King (composer)
- Arthur Holt: Politician.
- Pierre Bénouville: French general, awarded the title of 'Compagnon de la Libération' (English: Companion of the Liberation).
- Francesco Mazzoleni: Italy Scientist.
- Andr? Corteel: Lille physician.
- 3rd pole expedition Ernest Shackleton Endurance
- French troops under General Bonneau occupy Mulhouse at Elzas
- Montenegro declares war on Germany
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Ave Maria - John McCormack
- Puppchen - Prince's Orchestra