Monday 6 October 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 6, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Josée Dayan and Klaus Dibiasi.
Return of the Bad Men, directed by Ray Enright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Handle Bar.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 October 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1947!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1947 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Josée Dayan
- Klaus Dibiasi: Italy -- Platform diver (1968, 72, 76 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Patxi Andion: Spanish singer-songwriter.
- William Bratton: American high-ranking police officer, tapped on 10/02/02 to the Chief of Police for Los Angeles, a police force riddled with problems.
- Brian Johnson: Musician.
- Gail Farrell: American singer, she is most noted as a singer on the popular Lawrence Welk Show.
- Patxi Andión: Spanish singer-songwriter and actor.
- Klaus Di Biasi: Austrian high diver; won a Gold Medal at the Mexico Olympics in 1968 and at Montreal in 1976.
- Aleksandr Stepanovich Andryushkov: Russian Colonel / Cosmonaut.
- New York Yankees beat Brooklyn Dodgers 4 games to 3, in 44th World Series.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1947 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Near You - Larry Green & His Orchestra
- Dinah Shore - I Wish I Didn't Love You So
- Civilization (Bongo, Bongo, Bongo) - Louis Prima & His Orchestra
- Kate (Have I Come Too Early Too Late) - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra