Tuesday 6 October 1987
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Molly Shepherd-Oppenheim and Cyrus Shepherd-Oppenheim.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Here I Go Again by Whitesnake.
In UK Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley was in the top 5 hits.
Near Dark, directed by Kathryn Bigelow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Presumed Innocent by Scott Turow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pulaski: The TV Detective.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Combat School or Flying Shark.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1987!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1987 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Molly Shepherd-Oppenheim: American noted family, daughter and first twin of Cybill Shepherd and her husband, Dr. Bruce Oppenheim.
- Cyrus Shepherd-Oppenheim: American noted family, son and second twin of Cybill Shepherd and Dr. Bruce Oppenheim.
- Oppenheim Twins: American twins and noted family, the children of actress Cybill Shepherd and her second husband Dr. Bruce Oppenheim.
- Christopher Welsh: American car crash victim, he died at age 16 on February 21, 2004 just after 9 PM in Plymouth, MA.
- Joe Lewis: English footballer.
- Military coup leader Major-General Sitiveni Rabuka declares Fiji a Republic
- Microsoft unveils the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software for Microsoft Windows 2.0, the first major application for Windows.
- Fiji becomes a republic.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 October 1987
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?