Saturday October 31, 1987, Halloween
This day in 30 sec.
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 31, 1987). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ashley Graham and Nick Foligno.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Bad by Michael Jackson.
In UK You Win Again by The Bee Gees was in the top 5 hits.
Bagdad Cafe, directed by Percy Adlon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Cultural Literacy by E. D. Hirsch Jr was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Finders Keepers.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crystal Quest or Earl Weaver Baseball.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 October 1987
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 1987!
Which were the important events of 31 October 1987 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
- Ashley Graham: Model.
- Nick Foligno: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Jean-Karl Vernay: French race car driver.
- Joseph Campbell: American writer and leading authority and lecturer on mythology; the psyche and symbolism.
- 1st jockey to win 9 races in 1 day (Chris Antley at Belmont)
- A pair in Coventry, England ties the world record for the longest singles tennis match at 80 hours 21 minutes.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Michael Jackson - Bad
- The O'Jays - Lovin' You
- Deja - You And Me Tonight
- Jody Watley - Don't You Want Me
- Angela Winbush - Angel
- Ray Parker Jr. - I Don't Think That Man Should Sleep Alone
- Bert Robinson - Heart Of Gold
- Glenn Jones - We've Only Just Begun (The Romance Is Not Over)
- Marlon Jackson - Don't Go
- The Temptations - I Wonder Who She's Seeing Now
Top #10 Latin songs
- Los Lobos - La Bamba
- Ahora Te Puedes Marchar - Luis Miguel
- Julio Iglesias - Que no se rompa la noche
- Wilkins - Margarita
- No Se Murio El Amor - Mijares
- Nelson Ned - Me Pase De La Cuenta
- Beatriz Adriana - La luna sera la luna
- Danny Rivera - Amar o morir
- No Te Quites La Ropa - Emmanuel
- Solo Importas Tu - Franco de Vita
Top #4 songs in the UK
- You Win Again - The Bee Gees
- Pump Up The Volume / Anitina (The First Time I See She Dance) - MARRS
- Abigail Mead & Nigel Goulding - Full Metal Jacket (I Wanna Be Your Drill Instructor)
- Jan Hammer - Crockett's Theme
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?