Wednesday 6 October 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars.
Ip Man, directed by Wilson Yip, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ghost Finders.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter or CityVille.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 2010!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 October 2010 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 October
- Roy Halladay pitches the second no-hitter in MLB Postseason History during Game 1 of the NLDS versus the Cincinnati Reds
- Eleven suspected militants are killed in a US drone attack near Miramshah in North Waziristan, Pakistan. (''Dawn'')
- Thai authorities accuse the anti-government red shirts of being behind a bomb blast in the capital Bangkok that killed at least three people. (Thai News Agency)
- Gunmen torch up to 40 oil tanker trucks carrying fuel for NATO forces in Afghanistan in Quetta and Nowshera, Pakistan and kill a truck driver. The Tehreek-e-Taliban claimed responsibility for that and other attacks. This was the sixth attack on convoys taking supplies to Afghanistan since Pakistan closed a key border crossing almost a week ago. (Reuters)
- Yemen attacks
- A British embassy car is attacked in Sanaa, the capital of Yemen with three people injured . (AFP via Google News)
- A Frenchman is shot dead outside the Austrian oil company OMV compound outside Sanaa. (Reuters via the ''New York Times'')
- Suspected al-Qaeda militants are believed to be responsible for both attacks. (Reuters)
- The 15th Pusan International Film Festival started in Pusan, South Korea. (''People'' via Xinhua)
- Irish poet Seamus Heaney wins the Forward Poetry Prize. (BBC)
- An autopsy finds that the death of United States actor Gary Coleman in Salt Lake City, Utah was an accident. (BBC)
- Four people were killed and three others were injured when two containers of fireworks exploded near the My Dinh National Stadium, Hanoi. (Vietnamnet)
- At least 25 soldiers are killed in a helicopter crash in Tajikistan, east of the capital Dushanbe. (Xinhua)
- Floods leave 1 dead, 3 missing, 33,000 evacuated in the Chinese province of Hainan. (China Dialy)
- At least 75 people are killed in flash floods in eastern Indonesia. (Al Jazeera)
- Ajka alumina plant accident:
- Hungary expects to take at least a year and tens of millions of dollars to clean up what the country's environment minister describes as its worst chemical accident. (BBC)
- Hungary opens a criminal investigation into the incident. (''The Telegraph'')
- The death toll from floods in central Vietnam rises to at least forty-nine. (TRT)
- A firefighter is killed and 17 others injured in a major fire in Vishwas Nagar, India. (PTI)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 6 October 2010
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Varese - Novara : 3 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?