Monday 18 October 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 18, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars.
Ways to Live Forever, directed by Gustavo Ron, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Trickle Up Poverty by Michael Savage was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gigantic.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Angel Beats! or Ultimate Spider-Man: Total Mayhem.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 October 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 2010!
Which were the important events of 18 October 2010 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 October
- Marion Brown: American jazz musician, an alto saxophonist and ethnomusicologist.
- Iraq War: Amid increasing uncertainty about the timing of the release of the next batch of classified documents by WikiLeaks, the U.S. military assembles a 120-member team to search its database for clues in preparation for the publication event. (BBC)
- Indonesia investigates following the release of a video purportedly showing Indonesian soldiers torturing indigenous Papuans, in a region where a small group of rebels has waged a war for independence from Indonesia for the last few decades. (AP)
- The death toll from a robbery on jewelry stores in western Baghdad rises to nine, while 12 others are wounded. (''People's Daily'')
- Thousands protest the murder of three civilians after soldiers loot homes in the Congo's South Kivu province. (AP)
- The Latvian Defense Ministry said four NATO fighter jets from the Lithuanian Air Force Base near Šiauliai were deployed when two Russian bombers flying in the neutral airspace almost entered Latvian air space. (15 min).
- Miss Vietnam World 2010 nominated for Miss Earth. It will be held from November 4 to December 4 in HCM City, Phan Thiet, Hoi An and Nha Trang. (vietnamnet)
- Bank of America resumes foreclosures in 23 states following a temporary halt in foreclosures due to the 2010 Foreclosure crisis
- BP is to sell assets worth an estimated $1.8 billion as part of series of sales to help pay for damages caused by the explosion on its Deepwater Horizon rig in April, which killed 11 workers and spilled more than 200 million gallons of crude oil into the Gulf of Mexico. (Bloomberg)
- Rio Tinto Group and BHP Billiton announce that they have scrapped a proposed $120 billion joint venture in the Pilbara region of Western Australia due to regulatory problems. (ABC Australia)
- French strikes intensify ahead of Wednesday's Senate vote on pension reform, with a thousand petrol stations running out of fuel, rail strikes intensifying and truck drivers performing go-slows on highways. (CNN)
- Typhoon Megi:
- One person is missing and thousands of people have fled as Typhoon Megi, the first supertyphoon of the 2010 Pacific typhoon season, makes landfall in the Philippines. (BBC)
- The Peoples' Republic of China evacuates 140,000 people from Hainan province ahead of an expected arrival on Tuesday. (AP)
- Flood waters in Vietnam's Hà Tĩnh Province sweep away a bus with 20 people missing, presumed dead. (Vietnam News)
- At least nineteen people die near Santiago de Querétaro, Mexico, after a bus collides with a truck. (Reuters via Yahoo!)
- The U.S. government has concluded that Chinese companies are bypassing UN sanctions on Iran and helping Iran to improve its missile technology and develop nuclear weapons, and has asked China to stop such activity. (''The Washington Post'')
- Rwandan opposition parties appeal to the United States and the UN Security Council to intervene on behalf of the opposition FDU party leader, Victoire Ingabire Umuhoza, arrested last week, and other political prisoners. (VOA)
- Fears mount that the Ugandan rebel group, the Lord's Resistance Army, which has ties to the Sudanese government, is poised to destabilize South Sudan as it prepares for a referendum on independence. (VOA)
- The Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD), a major United Nations gathering, meets in Japan to work out why governments have failed to stop the rapid rate of extinction and loss of habitats by 2010, as they vowed 8 years ago. (''The Guardian'')
- The Prime Minister of Japan Naoto Kan voices concerns about rowdy anti-Japanese protests in China, sparked by a recent territorial dispute. (Japan Today)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 18 October 2010
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Bielefeld - Duisburg : 1 - 3
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Hercules - Villarreal : 2 - 2
Division 2Football (France)
- Boulogne - Nantes : 0 - 0
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Blackburn - Sunderland : 0 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Bottoms Up - Trey Songz Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Holding You Down (Goin In Circles) - Jazmine Sullivan
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- Love All Over Me - Monica
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Fancy - Drake Featuring T.I. & Swizz Beatz
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Hot Tottie - Usher Featuring Jay-Z
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
Top #10 Latin songs
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- I Like It - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Pitbull
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Al Diablo Lo Nuestro - Espinoza Paz
- El Malo - Aventura
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Sergio Vega - Millonario de Amor
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Kings Of Leon - Radioactive
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- Kick In The Teeth - Papa Roach
- Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Jimmy Eat World - My Best Theory
- Love-Hate-Sex-Pain - Godsmack
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The Fed is having to shift substantially from the approach that has defined it and from which it has long derived its institutional self-esteem. [..]
Barclays’ chief executive John Varley has flown against the popular opinion of international banking by declaring the proposals of the Basel III committee — due to be signed off by the G20 next month — as fair, in an interview with The Financial Times. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $37.92
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $85.58
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $74.27
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $42.69
- 1 CHF = 6.9291 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5321 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9419 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.576 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?