Friday 29 October 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 29, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Like A G6 by Far*East Movement.
Love and Other Drugs, directed by Edward Zwick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Promise Me by Richard Paul Evans was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rake.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943 or A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 October 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 2010!
Which were the important events of 29 October 2010 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 October
- The memoir of George W. Bush reveals his initial belief that he had United Airlines Flight 93 shot down during the September 11 attacks in 2001. (''The Guardian'')
- Israeli soldiers fire tear gas and sound grenades to shut down rallies across the West Bank held to protest an annexation of land by Israel. The events are attended by Norwegian politicians Torunn Kanutte Husvik and Stine Renate Håheim. (Ma'an News Agency)
- A suicide bomber wearing an explosives belt kills at least 21 people, mostly Shiites, in Balad Ruz, the town north of Baghdad. (Xinhua)
- At least one Islamist militant from the banned Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan is killed in an operation in Tajikistan. (Interfax)
- 20 militants are killed and six others wounded as helicopter gunships pound militant hideouts in Khadizai, Shahu Wam, Kasha and Saifal Dara areas of Orakzai tribal region of Pakistan. (''Dawn'')
- At least nine Mexican police officers in the state of Jalisco are shot dead during an ambush with drug cartels, continuing a recent wave of violence connected to the Mexican Drug War. (BBC News)
- Saboteurs attack an oil pipeline in Nigeria's Niger Delta, shutting in 4,000 barrels a day of crude oil production. (AFP)
- Al-Shabaab militants take control of a town on the border between Somalia, Ethiopia and Kenya from pro-government forces, following fighting that displaced 60,000 people. (AHN)
- Russian and American forces conduct their first joint anti-narcotics operation in Afghanistan. (''The Hindu'')
- North Korea fires two shots at South Korean military units across the border at Kwacheon, South Korea. (Yonhap)
- The death toll from the suicide bombing of a cafe in the Diyala Governorate near Baghdad, Iraq reaches 22. (Reuters)
- Security alert in the United Kingdom and United States:
- Law enforcement authorities in the UK and the US are on high alert after suspicious packages are found on flights arriving from Yemen. A similar package is discovered in Dubai. (CNN)
- United States investigators sweep cargo planes at Newark Liberty Airport and Philadelphia International Airport. (''New York Times'')
- Kings of Leon are announced as headliner of the 30th anniversary of Ireland's Slane Concert, to be held at Slane Castle in May 2011. (''The Belfast Telegraph'')
- Wikimedia, the owner of online encyclopedia Wikipedia, plans to open its first non-US office in India as it seeks to take advantage of the country's open Internet culture, the group tells AFP. (Deccan Chronicle)
- Japan's Securities and Exchange Surveillance Commission and the Tokyo Stock Exchange investigate recent trading activity due to allegations of insider trading ahead of new share issues by Japanese companies. (CNN)
- A U.S. Court of Appeals upholds the conviction of Conrad Black for one fraud count and one obstruction-of-justice charge, while reversing two other fraud counts on the basis of a Supreme Court decision last year. (The Globe and Mail)
- Indonesian tsunami
- The death toll from the Indonesian tsunami climbs to 394 with 312 still missing. (CNN)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 29 October 2010
Serie AItalian Football
- Genoa - Inter : 0 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Charleroi - Kortrijk : 0 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - Freiburg : 4 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Bielefeld - Union Berlin : 1 - 2
- Frankfurt FSV - Paderborn : 2 - 0
- Greuther Furth - Erzgebirge Aue : 1 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Bottoms Up - Trey Songz Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- Holding You Down (Goin In Circles) - Jazmine Sullivan
- Love All Over Me - Monica
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Fancy - Drake Featuring T.I. & Swizz Beatz
- Right Above It - Lil Wayne Featuring Drake
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- All I Want Is You - Miguel Featuring J. Cole
Top #10 Latin songs
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- I Like It - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Pitbull
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Al Diablo Lo Nuestro - Espinoza Paz
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- El Malo - Aventura
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Sergio Vega - Millonario de Amor
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Kings Of Leon - Radioactive
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- Love-Hate-Sex-Pain - Godsmack
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- Kick In The Teeth - Papa Roach
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Severe weather in Britain is forcing developers to take extra steps, like flood-proofing homes. [..]
An International Monetary Fund employee has written an intriguing book that seems to borrow from the financial crisis — but was written before it. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $39.61
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $85.75
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $74.32
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $42.44
- 1 CHF = 6.7901 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5432 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.962 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.564 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?