Wednesday 20 October 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars.
Ip Man, directed by Wilson Yip, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Pinheads And Patriots by Bill O'Reilly was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sherlock.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing All Round Hunter or Akai Katana.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 2010!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 20 October 2010 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 October
- Spanish Prime Minister José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero reshuffles his cabinet in a move to strengthen his government. (Reuters)
- Somali gunmen release a British security consultant for Save the Children after six days in captivity. (BBC)
- United Kingdom boyband JLS and hip-hop MC Tinie Tempah dominate the Music of Black Origin Awards in Liverpool. (BBC)
- French strikes
- France braces itself for another day of strikes against proposed cuts to pensions that the Senate will consider later this week. (Reuters via Yahoo! News)
- The Government of France sends in security forces to lift blockades in three oil depots at Donges, La Rochelle and Le Mans. (BBC)
- China denies reports that it has banned export of rare earth mineral to the United States and Europe following similar measures against Japan. (CNN)
- The Sino-Singapore Tianjin Eco-city holds a groundbreaking ceremony for its Eco-technology Park in Binhai New Area a key national strategic area in Tianjin. (''China Daily'')
- Apple announces iLife 11, Mac OSX Lion, a refreshed Macbook Air and the mac app store.
- All four Ecuadorean miners trapped underground since a mine collapse have been found dead. (CNN)
- South Korea arrests an alleged North Korean agent on suspicion of plotting to kill high-profile defector Hwang Jang-yop who died of a heart attack earlier this month. (Al Jazeera)
- Danish and Swedish royals celebrate 200 years since establishment of Swedish royal family. (CPHPOST)
- Leader of the Batkivschyna party Yulia Tymoshenko says that an additional monetary emission by the Ukrainian government of Hr 83.6 billion has already translated into growth in consumer prices. (Kyiv Post)
- At least 1,000 Tibetan students protest in China against a new language policy which they say erodes their culture. (''Turkish Weekly'')
- The two rival presidential candidates in Guinea agree to go ahead with a presidential run-off on Sunday amid the replacement of the head of the election commission. (BBC)
- The Obama administration notifies the United States Congress of plans for a $60billion-dollar weapons deal with Saudi Arabia in a move to threaten Iran. (Reuters)
- Astronomers announce the discovery of the galaxy UDFy-38135539, the most distant object observed from earth. (Daily Mail)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?