Sunday 8 December 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 8, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gérard Holtz and Noël Forgeard.
It's a Wonderful Life, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 December 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1946!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1946 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Gérard Holtz: French sports journalist who has presented various television programmes.
- Noël Forgeard
- John Rubinstein: American actor director and composer.
- John Rubinstein in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor/composer (Family, The Boys from Brazil).
- Sharmila Tagore: Indian model and actress.
- Noel Forgeard: French industrialist and joint CEO of EADS (The European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company N.V.
- Jack MacLean: American thief and rapist who did so well with his burglaries that he was able to buy a Cessna 172, a seaplane, two homes, and a Hughes helicopter with his plunder.
- Army rocket plane XS-1 makes first powered flight.