Thursday 28 October 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 28, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Like A G6 by Far*East Movement.
Love and Other Drugs, directed by Edward Zwick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Don'T Blink by James Patterson and Howard Roughan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rake.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Pac-Man Championship Edition or Dragon Collection.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 October 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 2010!
Which were the important events of 28 October 2010 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 October
- James MacArthur: American actor (Born 1937).
- Gerard Kelly: Scottish actor (Born 1959).
- Ehud Netzer: Israeli archaeologist architect and academic (d. 2010).
- Liang Congjie: Chinese environmentalist founded Friends of Nature (d. 2010).
- Jonathan Motzfeldt: Greenlandic priest and politician 1st Prime Minister of Greenland (d. 2010).
- France announces it is likely to withdraw some of its troops from Afghanistan in 2011. (CNN)
- Somali group Al-Shabaab publicly executes two teenage girls, claiming they were spies. (AFP)
- Chinese industrial profits rose 53.5 percent year on year in the first nine months of 2010, the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) said. (People Daily)
- Nissan recalls 2.1 million vehicles worldwide due to an ignition problem. (BBC)
- American International Group says that if chief executive Robert Benmosche needs to step aside for treatment of his cancer, the chairman of the board, Steve Miller, will serve as interim CEO ampquotfor as long as it takes to identifyampquot a permanent replacement. (AIG Release)
- The death toll from the recent eruption of Mount Merapi in Indonesia rises to 32 as it erupts again. (BBC)
- The death toll from the tsunami rises to at least 343. (''Jakarta Globe'')
- Two volcanoes erupt on Russia's Kamchatka Peninsula, Klyuchevskaya Sopka and Shiveluch, forcing flights to divert and spewing volcanic ash over the nearby town of Ust-Kamchatsk. (AP)
- The 17ampsupampthamp/supamp ASEAN Summit opens in Hanoi, Vietnam. (Xinhua)
- China cancels a meeting with Japan and South Korea amid a dispute over the use of rare earth metals. (''Straits Times'')
- Verizon will pay a $25 million settlement to the U.S. Treasury for overcharging 15 million cellphone customers. (Reuters)
- China's top legislature adopts a decision to appoint Vice President Xi Jinping as vice chairman of the Central Military Commission (CMC) of the People's Republic of China. (Xinhua)
- Kenya's internal security minister George Saitoti is named as acting foreign minister following the resignation of Moses Wetangula amid an embassy property scandal. (Reuters)
- The Croatian government survives a motion of no confidence over economic problems and corruption. (Bloomberg)
- Burmese authorities announce that its leader General Than Shwe will not be standing in the upcoming general election. (Al Jazeera)
- Foreign Minister Nyan Win indicates at an ASEAN summit that Aung San Suu Kyi may be freed following the elections on November 7. (''Taiwan News'')
- Guinea sets November 7 as the new date for the presidential run-off. (Al Jazeera)
- Tens of thousands of Argentinians pay tribute to the former President of Argentina Néstor Kirchner at a wake at the Presidential Palace. (Reuters)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Bottoms Up - Trey Songz Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- Holding You Down (Goin In Circles) - Jazmine Sullivan
- Love All Over Me - Monica
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Fancy - Drake Featuring T.I. & Swizz Beatz
- Right Above It - Lil Wayne Featuring Drake
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- All I Want Is You - Miguel Featuring J. Cole
Top #10 Latin songs
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- I Like It - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Pitbull
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Al Diablo Lo Nuestro - Espinoza Paz
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- El Malo - Aventura
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Sergio Vega - Millonario de Amor
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Kings Of Leon - Radioactive
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- Love-Hate-Sex-Pain - Godsmack
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- Kick In The Teeth - Papa Roach
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Labor talks with the newly merged United and Continental Airlines could serve as a bellwether for the industry. [..]
The co-founder of Texts From Last Night, a site that publishes anonymous text submissions from users capturing the hilarious and often unspeakable moments from the prior evening, is now launching Bnter, which offers a way, she says, to “add context to those texts.” [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $39.57
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $86.11
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $75.01
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $42.57
- 1 CHF = 6.7971 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.552 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9632 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.538 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?