Saturday 23 October 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 23, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nelson Angélil Dion and Eddy Angélil Dion.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars.
Ways to Live Forever, directed by Gustavo Ron, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Freedom by Jonathan Franzen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gigantic.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bomberman Live: Battlefest or CSI: Fatal Conspiracy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 October 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 2010!
Which were the important events of 23 October 2010 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Nelson Angélil Dion
- Eddy Angélil Dion
- Angélil Twins: American-born twins of Canadian noted family,their parents are famous singer Celine Dion and her husband René Angelil.
- The high court in Egypt orders the government to ban police officers from university campuses. (BBC)
- In preparation for the Seoul summit, finance ministers of the G-20 agree to reform the International Monetary Fund and shift 6% of the voting shares to developing nations and countries with emerging markets.ref name=quotG20 summit agrees to reform IMFquot G20 summit agrees to reform IMF BBC.
- 50 people are injured in Bangladesh protests attacked army camps, set a jeep on fire and damaged two other vehicles during the clashes in Roopganj, a sub-district of Narayanganj near Dhaka. (Tha Indian)
- Iraq War Logs: Julian Assange of Wikileaks tells a London news conference that the 400,000 classified U.S. military documents released to the general public yesterday reveal that the Iraq War is ampquota bloodbath on every cornerampquot. (AFP via ''Tehran Times'')
- There are clashes on the streets of Conakry after the second round of voting in the Guinean presidential election, due on 24 October, is deferred for the third time. (BBC)
- Suspected Maoist rebels kill six policemen in eastern India. (''Times of India'')
- A suicide bomber attacks the United Nations compound in western Afghanistan based in Herat. (Voice of America)
- Nine Taliban fighters, including two commanders, are killed as security forces storm their hideout in Kandahar province, south of Afghanistan. (Xinhua via PLA)
- 2010 strikes in France: French unions challenge a back-to-work order in court, one day after the senate voted in favour of increasing their retirement age. (Al Jazeera)
- Group of Twenty finance leaders agree to give 6% more International Monetary Fund votes to developing countries, though the U.S. retains its veto power, in a meeting in Gyeongju, South Korea. (Reuters via Yahoo! News)
- Residents of Naples are repelled by the police force while expressing their ire over a government plan to open a huge garbage dump on the edge of town. (Al Jazeera)
- At least one person is killed and thousands more are affected after Cyclone Giri makes landfall in western Burma. (Al Jazeera)
- The death toll from Typhoon Megi in Taiwan has reached as least eleven with at least 23 people from two Chinese tour groups missing. It has now made landfall in China's Fujian province. (Reuters)
- Seven people are killed at Nyayo National Stadium in the Kenyan capital Nairobi as fans try to enter a Kenyan Premier League football match between Gor Mahia and AFC Leopards. (Al Jazeera) (BBC)
- Several people are killed in a helicopter crash in the Mourne Mountains, County Down. (Xinhua)
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention project that as many as 1 in 3 adult Americans will have diabetes by 2050 if current trends in diet and exercise continue. (Reuters)
- Israeli–Palestinian conflict:
- Richard Falk, a UN human rights rapporteur, issues a report to the United Nations General Assembly saying continued settlement construction would probably make Israel's occupation of Palestinian land irreversible and that said the UN, the US and Israel had failed to uphold the rights of Palestinians. (BBC)
- The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) reports that the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) are preventing it from building schools in Gaza the Israeli Defense Ministry says it is doing so to thwart Hamas from building the schools next to Hamas military installations. (RIA Novosti)
- Rival demonstrations take place in China and Japan over the disputed Senkaku Islands. (''Straits Times'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 23 October 2010
Serie AItalian Football
- Fiorentina - Bari : 2 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Cercle Brugge - Eupen : 2 - 1
- Lierse - Waregem : 0 - 0
- Mechelen - Germinal : 5 - 1
- St Truiden - Charleroi : 3 - 2
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Ein Frankfurt - Schalke 04 : 0 - 0
- Freiburg - Kaiserslautern : 2 - 1
- Hannover - FC Koln : 2 - 1
- M'gladbach - Werder Bremen : 1 - 4
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Ingolstadt - Frankfurt FSV : 0 - 1
- Munich 1860 - Bielefeld : 0 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Bottoms Up - Trey Songz Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Holding You Down (Goin In Circles) - Jazmine Sullivan
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- Love All Over Me - Monica
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Fancy - Drake Featuring T.I. & Swizz Beatz
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Hot Tottie - Usher Featuring Jay-Z
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
Top #10 Latin songs
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- I Like It - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Pitbull
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Al Diablo Lo Nuestro - Espinoza Paz
- El Malo - Aventura
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Sergio Vega - Millonario de Amor
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Kings Of Leon - Radioactive
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- Kick In The Teeth - Papa Roach
- Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Jimmy Eat World - My Best Theory
- Love-Hate-Sex-Pain - Godsmack
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?