Saturday 16 October 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 16, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars.
Main Street, directed by John Doyle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gigantic.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crafting Mama or DeathSpank.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 October 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 2010!
Which were the important events of 16 October 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 October
- Three blasts rocked southern Afghanistan's restive city of Kandahar, killing at least four people and injuring two others. (Xinhua)
- Senior United Nations envoy Roger Meece calls the scale of sexual attacks in the Democratic Republic of the Congo ampquotenormousampquot. More than 15,000 rapes occurred in the east of the country last year. (Al Jazeera)
- Oscar Wilde receives a Google doodle on the 156th anniversary of his birthday, a portrait from his novel ''The Picture of Dorian Gray''. (''The Guardian'')
- The number of visitors to Expo 2010 Shanghai exceeds 64 million, breaking the record the history of the World's Fairs. (Global Times)
- Dubai World Trade Centre opens GITEX technology week 30th Anniversary. (Khaleej Times)
- 2010 strikes in France: Thousands of students join millions more people on the streets of France for a fifth day of protests against government pension reform plans Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport is running out of fuel amid calls by the government for people ampquotnot to panicampquot. (Al Jazeera)
- Two of four trapped Ecuadorean gold miners are found dead near the town of Portovelo. (BBC)
- A gas explosion in a Chinese coal mine in Henan province kills at least 20 workers. Another 17 are declared missing. (AFP via Yahoo! News)
- 28 of 33 miners rescued in the 2010 Copiapó mining accident are secretly discharged from hospital in Chile, with 2 remaining inside. (BBC)
- China mounts a diplomatic campaign to block the publication of a U.N. report that claims that Chinese ammunition has been shipped into Darfur in the past year in violation of U.N. sanctions. (Bor Globe)
- On World Food Day, United Nations calls for united front against food shortages, because one billion people are still hungry. (Sina)
- The Israeli Air Force and the Hellenic Air Force combine for manoeuvres involving helicopters and jets as Israel seeks new air links following its disagreement with Turkey. (BBC)
- Zambia investigates an incident in which managers at a Chinese-run mine allegedly shot and wounded at least 11 miners who had objected to their working conditions. (BBC)
- 44 people are arrested regarding poll-related violence in the second phase of the panchayat elections in Uttar Pradesh, India. (DNA)
- Environment and Water Minister of Dubai, Dr Rashid Ahmed bin Fahd greets Sheikha Fatima on her appointment as FAO Goodwill Ambassador. (WAM)
- The Georgian parliament votes 112 to 4 to introduce 44 changes to its constitution. (Xinhua)
- The Government of India sets up an inquiry into allegations of corruption and mismanagement at the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi. (NDTV)
- Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe states that a power sharing deal with Morgan Tsvangirai should not be extended past its expiration in four months time. (BBC)
- A delegation of The Elders visits the Gaza Strip to survey conditions, expressing disagreement with the Israeli restrictions in evidence there. Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter is to join them tomorrow. (Xinhua)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 16 October 2010
Serie AItalian Football
- Milan - Chievo : 3 - 1
- Roma - Genoa : 2 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Charleroi - Lokeren : 1 - 2
- Eupen - St Truiden : 6 - 0
- Gent - Kortrijk : 2 - 0
- Germinal - Lierse : 1 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - Hannover : 3 - 0
- Mainz - Hamburg : 0 - 1
- Schalke 04 - Stuttgart : 2 - 2
- St Pauli - Nurnberg : 3 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Frankfurt FSV - Hertha : 0 - 1
- Karlsruhe - Bochum : 0 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Bottoms Up - Trey Songz Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Love All Over Me - Monica
- Fancy - Drake Featuring T.I. & Swizz Beatz
- Holding You Down (Goin In Circles) - Jazmine Sullivan
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- Love The Way You Lie - Eminem Featuring Rihanna
- Miss Me - Drake Featuring Lil Wayne
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
Top #10 Latin songs
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- I Like It - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Pitbull
- Al Diablo Lo Nuestro - Espinoza Paz
- El Malo - Aventura
- Sergio Vega - Millonario de Amor
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Kings Of Leon - Radioactive
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Another Way To Die - Disturbed
- Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
- Kick In The Teeth - Papa Roach
- Jimmy Eat World - My Best Theory
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
G.E. said profit from continuing operations rose 29 percent, to $3.16 billion. And earnings per share increased 32 percent, to 29 cents a share, beating expectations. [..]
There are certainly good deals in the market, but the pitfalls are many. [..]
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?