Monday 6 September 1926
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Arthur William Oldham and Claus von Amsberg.
3 Bad Men, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Beau Sabreur by P.C. Wren was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1926!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1926 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Arthur William Oldham: Composer.
- Claus von Amsberg: Prince of the Netherlands.
- Claus van Amsberg: German born Prince Consort of the Netherlands (d. 2002).
- Claus Amsberg: German-Dutch aristocrat and consort to Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands.
- Clancy Sigal: American writer, a first rate novelist.
- Claus: Prince Claus of the Netherlands (d. 2002)
- Jack Hightower: American lawyer and politician (d. 2013)
- Arthur Oldham: English composer and conductor (d. 2003)
- Maurice Prather: American motion picture and still photographer (d. 2001)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1926 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- At Peace with the World - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Love Bound - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
- Bye Bye, Blackbird - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
- Ya Gotta Know How to Love - Gene Austin
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?