Tuesday 6 September 1938
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Charles Downes and Joan Tower in New Rochelle.
La Grande Illusion, directed by Jean Renoir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while Northwest Passage by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Telecrime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 September 1938 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Alan Charles Downes: Cameraman.
- Joan Tower in New Rochelle: New York, USA; composer (Breakfast Rhythms).
- Joan Tower: American pianist composer and conductor.
- John Stuart Hindmarsh: British racing driver and aviator (Born 1907).
- Wilhelmina celebrates 40th anniversary jubilee as Dutch Queen
- What eventually proves to be the last of the quotNuremberg Ralliesquot begins. It draws worldwide attention because it is widely assumed Hitler, in his closing remarks, will signal whether there will be peace with or war over Czechoslovakia.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?