Tuesday 13 September 1938US date format: 9/13/1938, UK date format: 13/9/1938
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 13, 1938). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Henri Lachmann and John Smith.
Room Service, directed by William A. Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Telecrime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 September 1938
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1938!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1938 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Henri Lachmann: French business leader, CEO of Schneider...
- John Smith: Scottish politician and Neil Kinnock's...
- John Smith Labour Party Leader 1992: 1994 (d. 1994).
- Guttorm Guttormsgaard: Norwegian pictorial artist, in...
- Gaylord Perry: American baseball pitcher, one of the...
- Judith Martin: Author / journalist / columnist (Miss...
- Samuel Alexander: Australian-English philosopher and...
- The followers of Konrad Henlein begin an armed revolt against the Czechoslovak government in Sudetenland. Martial law is declared and after much bloodshed on both sides order is temporarily restored. Neville Chamberlain personally sends a telegram to Hitler urgently requesting that they both meet.