Tuesday 27 September 1938
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Loup Dabadie and Maurice Dugowson.
The Lady Vanishes, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Telecrime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 September 1938
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1938!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1938 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- Jean-Loup Dabadie: French writer, lyricist, journalist, and screenwriter, member of the Académie Française.
- Maurice Dugowson
- Alexander Graham: Lord Mayor of London.
- rene Schiermeyer
- British ocean liner Queen Elizabeth, launches at Clydebank Scotland
- Jewish lawyers forbidden to practice in Germany
- League of Nations declares Japan the aggressor against China
- Ocean liner Queen Elizabeth launched in Glasgow.