Friday 9 September 1938US date format: 9/9/1938, UK date format: 9/9/1938
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 9, 1938). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Adrian Cronauer and Richard Sharpe.
Hold That Co-ed, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Telecrime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 September 1938
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1938!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1938 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Adrian Cronauer: Entertainer.
- Richard Sharpe: English rugby player.
- John Davis: English anthropologist and academic.
- Jay Ward: American baseball player coach and...
- U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt disallows the popular interpretation of Bullitt's speech at a press conference at the White House. Roosevelt states it is quot100% wrongquot the U.S. would join a quotstop-Hitler blocquot under any circumstances, and makes it quite clear that in the event of German aggression against Czechoslovakia, the U.S. would remain neutral.