Wednesday 21 September 1938
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Doug Moe and Atli Heimir Sveinsson.
Room Service, directed by William A. Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while The Citadel by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 21 September 1938 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Doug Moe: American basketball player and coach.
- Atli Heimir Sveinsson: Composer.
- Yuji Takahashi: Composer.
- Joseph Marshall: American electrical engineer and CEO of Idaho Power, a utilities company.
- Ivana Brlic-Mazuranic: Croatian writer (Born 1874).
- Hurricane (winds 183 MPH) in New England (Long Island, New York, New Jersey) kills 500-700, wrecking tens of millions of dollars in property.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?