Friday 7 August 1925
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include M S Swaminathan and Julian Orbon De Soto.
Sally of the Sawdust, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while The Keeper of the Bees by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 1925!
Which were the important events of 7 August 1925 ?
- Julian Orbon De Soto: Composer.
- M S Swaminathan: Indian scientist.
- Al Guokas: American athlete, he played pro basketball for one season in 1949-50.
- Felice Bryant: Milwaukee, Wisconsin -- Rock writer (Bye Bye Love).
- M Swaminathan: Indian geneticist and academic.
- League of Nation advises against Turk / Iraqi division of Mosoelgebied
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1925 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Yearning (Just For You) - Harry Reser's Orchestra
- Gene Austin - Yes Sir! That's My Baby
- Don't Bring Lulu - Billy Murray
- Don't Bring Lulu - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?