Tuesday 18 August 1925
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brian W[ilson] Aldiss and Tonny Til.
Siegfried, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while Glorious Apollo by E. Barrington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1925!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1925 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Brian W[ilson] Aldiss: United Kingdom -- Sci-fi author (Helliconia Trilogy).
- Tonny Til: Rocker.
- Brian Aldiss: English writer and anthologies editor, best known for science fiction novels and short stories.
- Eugenio Rodriguez Vega: Costa Rican writer, politician, and historian.
- Helen Wambach: American licensed psychologist who, as a reincarnation researcher, is noted for her demographic studies showing that prior lives which people recall match their social and economical class at present.
- Franca Marzi: Italy Actor
- Pierre Grondin: French Canadian cardiac surgeon (Born 1925)
- Anis Mansour: Egyptian journalist and author (d. 2011)
- Belgian and US sign treaty about war debts
- Cardinal Mercier warns Belgians against socialism / liberalism
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1925 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- When You and I Were Seventeen - John McCormack
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?