Thursday 6 August 1925
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 6, 1925). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Leland Smith and Barbara Bates in Denver.
Wild Horse Mesa, directed by George B. Seitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 August 1925
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1925!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1925 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Leland Smith: Composer.
- Barbara Bates in Denver: Colorado, USA; actress (Kathy - It's a Great Life).
- Jean Grassin: Coulombs EXecutives.
- Barbara Bates: American actress and singer (d. 1969).
- Sir Surendranath Banerjea: Indian leader of the Indian National Congress (Born 1848).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1925 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Swanee Butterfly - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Oh How I Miss You Tonight - Lewis James