Saturday 15 August 1925
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 15, 1925). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mike Connors and Oscar Peterson.
The Merry Widow, directed by Erich von Stroheim, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 August 1925
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1925!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1925 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Mike Connors: American actor on-screen from 1953 under the name of Touch Connors.
- Oscar Peterson: Canadian pianist and composer (d. 2007).
- Aldo Ciccolini
- Mike Connors in Fresno: California, USA; actor (Joe Mannix - Mannix, Night Kill).
- Münir Özkul: Turkish actor.
- Russell Baker: Journalist.
- Erik Schmidt: Swedish-Estonian painter and author (d. 2014).
- Bill Pinkney: American singer and performer (Born 1925).
- Billy Pinkney: Sumter, North Carolina -- Rock bassist / vocalist (Drifters).
- Gertrude Shope: South African head (ANC female section).
- Konrad Magi: Estonian artist (Born 1878).
- Norway annexes Spitsbergen
- White Sox Dickie Kerr, 1st appearance since winning 2 world series games in 1919